Two Walpole residents are displaced and a firefighter was injured after a garage attached to a single family home caught fire on Rose Marie Lane Thursday night.
No one was in the house at the time of the fire.
“We had a report of a garage fire. First companies on scene had heavy fire coming out of the right side of the garage extending upward to the second floor and the first floor,” said Walpole Fire Captain Paul Carter.
Crews worked quickly to put out the flames and limited the fire damage to the inside of the garage and a portion of the outside of the house.
A husband and wife, whose names were not released, live in the home at 9 Rose Marie Lane. The husband reported the fire.
“He was out, he came home and noticed the fire in the garage, saw some smoke, tried to put it out and then he called us,” Carter said.
“They’ll probably be displaced. They have to board up the windows. There was minimal smoke damage in the house but they won’t be able to stay here tonight,” he said.
A Walpole firefighter, whose name was not released, suffered an ankle injury but did not need immediate medical attention.
“He didn’t need to get transported [to the hospital]. But he might be transported later,” Carter said.
The call came in around 7:30 p.m.
Norwood Fire assisted on the call.