1. Walpole Town Hall and Offices Open Tuesday
Walpole Town Administrator Michael Boynton said Town Hall and the town's offices will be open Tuesday, Oct. 30 after being closed Monday due to Hurricane Sandy.
2. Walpole Will Have School Tuesday
According to town officials, Walpole Public Schools will be in session Tuesday, Oct. 30. For more information click here.
3. Crew Work on North Street May Last Into Tuesday
NSTAR will be continuing to work through the night to fix the affects of a transformer fire on North Street. They are hopeful to have it back in service by dawn.
The road is passable on a limited basis as of Monday night, but buses will not be able to get by until the line crews have completed their work.
4. Helpful Non-Emergency Phone Numbers
- Walpole Police business line: 508-668-1212
- Walpole Department of Public Works: 508-660-7305
- National Grid outage reporting: 1-800-465-1212
- NSTAR: outage reporting: 1-800-592-2000
- Columbia Gas: 1-800-688-6160
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
5. More Rain, After-Effects From Sandy Tuesday
According to the National Weather Service, Tuesday calls for showers mainly after 8 a.m. Patchy fog before 11am. High near 68. South wind 10 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
At night look for more showers, mainly before 1 a.m. Patchy fog after 10pm. Low around 55. Southeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.