Local Deals Abound for Veterans Day Monday
Local businesses salute our service men and women with special deals year-round as well as on Veterans Day.
A number of local businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions.
Here's a quick guide to many of these great deals to be found on Veterans Day in the area:
For military service men and women only:
- Texas Roadhouse – free lunch, Monday Nov. 12, 2012. Every Texas Roadhouse location across the country will participate in the free lunch event to honor the men and women of our armed forces. Choose from one of 10 free meals, plus sides and a drink. Offer good for All veterans – including all active, retired or former U.S. military. ID Required. Texas Roadhouse can be found in Walpole. Find other locations.
- T.G.I. Friday’s – Free Lunch, Monday Nov. 12, 2012. Valid for all US Military personnel and veterans. Must wear uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID. More details on TGIFridays.com, where you can find the nearest location to you.
- Old Navy: Every Monday, including Nov. 12, active and veteran military personnel with ID cards are granted 10-percent off their purchases.
- Free admission to The Hall at Patriot Place on Veterans Day Monday. From Saturday, Nov. 10 through Monday, Nov. 12, The Hall will offer free admission to all veterans and active service men and women.
On Monday, Nov. 12, veterans and active military can complement a trip to The Hall with a visit to CBS Scene Restaurant & Bar, which will offer a complimentary special off the lunch menu with a military ID. The Hall is open Monday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Red Robin, Monday, Nov. 12. Free Red’s Tavern Double and Bottomless Steak Fries for all Red Robin guests with a military ID or proof of service. Red Robin is also partnering with Heinz for Veterans Day to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. Red Robin will also donate $10,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Home Depot Military Discount: The Home Depot is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’s Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10 percent military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans.
Remember, the whole point of Veterans Day is to thank and remember our troops and November is Military Family Month. Thank you to our troops and their families for your service, and thanks to all of the local businesses.