Five Things You Need to Know Today in Walpole: July 19
Be sure to check here daily for useful information about what is going on in Walpole today.
"Five Things You Need To Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Is there something missing from the list? Add it in the comment section.
1. Look for Highs Around 81F as Temperatures Cool
Today's Weather: Look for partly cloudy skies during the daytime, according to AOL Weather. High 81F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. In the evening, partly to mostly cloudy. Low 62F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
2. Finance Committee to Hold Public Hearing on Special Town Meeting
- Finance Committee, 7:30 p.m. in Room 112 at the Town Hall Agenda
- Finance Committee Public Hearing on Special Town Meeting, 8:00 p.m. in Room 112 at the Town Hall Notice
- Planning Board, 7:00 p.m. in the Main Meeting Room at the Town Hall Agenda
3. Sign Up for Our Daily Newsletter for Free
4. Events in Town for Kids Today
Walpole Library- Musician Scott Kepnes will be playing guitar, harmonica, and percussion in a blend of participatory songs and stories. Kids can sing-along, hop-along and dance-along! To find out more about Scott at http://www.scottkepnes.com/ The program is free, no registration required, and is suitable for ages 3 and up. 11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. This program is sponsored by Shelley Alexander, owner of the Goddard School Walpole. (Walpole Library)
Barnes and Noble Walpole Mall- Hands-on learning with LeapFrog is for children ages 4 and up and their parents are invited for the LeapFrog Tag Geography Relay. This event is meant to teach children teamwork and math skills, while learning the geography of the United States. (Barnes and Noble)
5. Walpole COA Going to Wollaston Beach
The Walpole Council on Aging will be taking a trip to their Restaurant of the Month. This month's eatery is the Clam Box at Wollaston Beach in Quincy. The trip costs $2.00 and leaves at 10:30 a.m.